Finding the Right Air Compressor: 4 Things to Consider
Choosing an air compressor can be a daunting task. There are tons of different sizes, brands, and models to choose from. It is important to not get discouraged though! You will find the perfect machine for your needs by making these four considerations before making your purchase:
FINDING THE RIGHT AIR COMPRESSOR FOR YOU
1) DETERMINE WHAT SIZE AIR COMPRESSOR YOU NEED
This step should be determined by looking at the size of the tools that you use most often in your work or home space. A general rule of thumb is that bigger machines can do more things than smaller ones. If you plan on operating construction equipment with it, then a
larger compressor might be necessary. If you just want something for running small power tools like drills and sanders then a medium-sized model would suffice. You may need a machine that can hold up to large tasks or you may just need to use a nail gun for a couple
hours a day.
2) CONSIDER COST OF AIR COMPRESSOR
Air compressors range in price from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands and beyond. There are some points that you should consider when weighing the pros and cons of different models:
- The size of your budget. An important factor in determining cost is that size does matter! A larger machine will generally be more expensive than its smaller counterpart so make sure that you do not buy something too small for what you need.
- What type or work needs to be done with the compressor. Are you a manufacturing plant, a home-owner, contractor? Different industries can have very different needs.
- How often will it get used? If you need an air compressor to perform 24/7 on an assembly line, you’ll need a larger model designed for this type of usage. If you only need to use it sporadically, then a smaller model might be more suited for your needs.
3) CONSIDER THE OPERATION OF YOUR AIR COMPRESSOR
Do you need a compressor that is natural gas or electric powered? A lot depends on where your air compressor will be set up. Natural gas models are generally more expensive but do not have any start-up costs and can operate 24/0 with no noise, vibration, or emissions. Electric machines cost less to buy and operate but can be more noisy, have vibration issues, or stop working if the power goes out.
4) CONSIDER THE COST OF MAINTENANCE FOR YOUR AIR COMPRESSOR
Air compressors are no different from any other piece of industrial machinery. They require regular upkeep to do their job well and so it is important to consider how much you will need to spend on service, spare parts for replacement, or recharging when determining your budget needs.
AIR COMPRESSORS IN PORTLAND, OREGON
The team at Pacific Air Compressors in Portland, Oregon is experienced and ready to assist you in choosing the right air compressor for your needs. We are a one stop shop and provide replacement parts and maintenance services for your machine. We also offer financing options so you can get the right machine for your budget. We hope that this information has been helpful to you and makes it a little easier in figuring out what kind of machinery is best suited to your needs! If there are any questions, feel free to contact Pacific Air Compressors at (503) 674-2744